How does Forest School prepare children for school
It is important to us here at ADO Mini-Explorers Outdoor Preschool to prepare children appropriately for school. We are confident that the Forest School ethos and calm, child-centred environment allows children a wide variety of opportunity to do this.
At ADO Mini-Explorers the children;
• Learn confidence and independence through personal achievements each and every day.
• Lead the learning, creating an excitement and passion for learning.
• Learn team work and the importance of interpersonal skills.
• Learn to think creatively and use their imagination freely.
• Take appropriate risks learn to problem solve.
• Help to plan for their own learning alongside the adult – initiated planning.
• Learn to love nature and the world around them.
• Learn to be resilient and to confidently ask for help when they need it.
• Learn pre-writing skills by mark making with a wide-variety of tools, including sticks in the mud, mud painting, painting with water, chalks, pens and pencils.
• Are exposed to regular story-time where the children can act out the stories they have read by creating their own resources and visiting with real animals.
• Learn core values, including listening and turn-taking and are given responsibility to take part in exciting activities where these values must be upheld.